To be eligible for a grant individual applicants must be under 25 years of age and have lived in the area of the Ancient Parish of Leven for at least three years.
Our aims are:
- to help with the cost of books and equipment while at college or university
- to assist with costs of tools or clothing for persons entering a trade or profession
- to award bursaries, allowances or grants for educational visits abroad
- to promote the study of music or other arts
- and generally to promote the education of young people, including their social and physical education.
These have been our aims from 1977 to the present day.
Each year the Trust gives grants to about 70 individuals. Since 1977 this has amounted to a total of well over £200,000 to the young people of Leven. The trust is always grateful for any donations.
Apart from individual grants, the trust has also given awards to many of the village organisations which involve young people – such as Leven Primary School, Totstops, the Youth Club, Playing Fields Assoc., Pre-School and the Scouting Associations. Junior Sporting clubs such as Netball, Football, Striders and others have also benefited over the years. Recently the trust gave a grant to help refurbish the Play Park.
The Trust meets quarterly in January, April, July and October to consider requests.
It expects the applicant to provide evidence of need, such as invoices, receipts, place acceptance, or book lists for College/University courses.
It also asks that recipients of grants should acknowledge receipt of the grant so that our records are kept up to date.
If you think you are eligible and would like to apply, please complete an application form and send it to the address on The Wray Educational Trust home page.
Download an application form by clicking on this link for individuals, or this link for organisations, print it out and send it to us with the appropriate documents or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to do either of these please go to our CONTACT US page and submit a message asking for either an email or a paper version to be sent to you.
You can also pick up a paper application from:
- the Post Office in Costcutter;
- reception at Leven Primary School;